Saturday, July 16, 2005

Okie Dokie Artichokie

Media Play is going well. Tomorrow I am on my own for the first time. I'm not sure which department I'll be in though, but I don't foresee any problems no matter where they put me. I really like the way the uniform looks on me...even if I do look "too corporate" (which I do). I can't wait to get some cash and use my discount. Here is my "to get" list:

-Uncle Buck
-The Great Outdoors
-The Jerk
-Caddyshack
-Blazing Saddles

And the two non-comedies:
-Lean On Me
-Citizen Kane

Possibilities:
-Dragnet
-Ghostbusters II
-The Office (British and American)


I went out with a few Social Studies people Tuesday night. We had a really good time. I ran into Slater there too. It was definitely one of those "Small World" sort of things. It was really nice catching up with everyone and getting "lose." I won a Labatt t-shirt and beer cozy, and I would have won a hammock if I had my phone on! Stupid (read: "drunk") me turning it off after I filled out the raffle form (I think they called me because I wrote "call for a good time" on the form). I played some pool and was instantly reminded of how bad I suck at it. Then I accidentally pumped into a table and spilled a real little beer on this girl, who I then called by the wrong name when apologizing, and then she "accidentally" spilled her entire beer on my leg. I think it really was an accident because she kept apologizing afterwards. It was a good night.


I hung out with Greg last Sunday. That was a lot of fun. We watched entirely too much MTV then went out for some pizza where we met up with one of his buddies/Fraternity Life Star who worked there. Later on we went to a party at his ex-roommate's new place. Again, it was a good time.



Now a word about me and the kind of guy I am:

I'm the kind of guy who listens to Thrice, reads C.S. Lewis, and "gets it." Speaking of Thrice, some people I know have reduced them to "a band that just yells a lot." That's like saying the Beatles just wrote pop songs or that Nirvana just wore flannel!



In Music News:

I'll be home for less than 24 hours this Friday to see As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage in Johnson City. Then that next Tuesday is the Warped Tour. Looks like it will be Jim, Kris, Matt and I going. I still need to ask for it off though, but I was told it shouldn't be a problem. It looks like Jim will be up for several days around Warped and Kris might be as well. So I'm super excited about that.


Random:


Last night Kim and I were watching that Sex Talk show with that old lady. Anyway, this lady calls in and says how her boyfriend wants her to lick his asshole, but she doesn't want to. As the old lady is telling her to tell her boyfriend, very clearly, that you are not into it, the lady caller mumbles about how her boyfriend also wants her to shit on him. I would have told her to dump his ass...sorry for the choice of words.

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 at 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

update you lazy biotch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home