Friday, July 29, 2005

"Why Do They Call This Place 'Magic City?'"

So I've had a pretty good last week or so. Went to Johnson City to see As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage. Both bands were awesome. Killswitch had the better live show with all of their running around and antics, but both bands musically were in top form. Great show all around, even the opener was good.

Tuesday we went to the Warped Tour. That was a ton of fun. Highlights for me were MxPx, The Offspring, the second half of Emery, Dropkick Murphy's (and the dancing), and Atreyu. Checking out other bands was also good. The only bad thing was the huge storm that came and cut Thrice's set short because they were the band I most wanted to see. All in all though, it was still a great time.


Jim was up for like 5 days, so that was a lot of fun too. It was nice having someone to hang out with. It's kind of funny (in a sick, Kyle's life sort of way), I'm bored out of my mind lately and I don't really do too much of anything. If I had stayed home in Endicott this summer I'd be making double the pay and working a solid 40 hours a week, but would have only a few friends, who are busy and work different schedules than I would have. So basically I'd have a lot more money and not a whole lot going on, with friends anyway. Instead I opted to stay in Buffalo for several reasons, one of which was I knew more people up here, but they all have different schedules or live further away so the we don't hang out all the time. I'm also broke as fuck. So I can't even do much of anything even if I had the opportunity to. It's quite the catch 22. My "To Get List" has not turned into my "Christmas List." I don't know if I made the right decision or not.

This brings me to my next point: I don't believe people when they tell me "I don't have any regrets." To me, this means one of two things: 1. They are lying to themselves 2. They haven't done/tried to do anything (which should be a regret anyway) . I get the argument too. When people say "I don't believe in regrets because they, like all of my life experiences, make me the person who I am today." I believe that wholeheartedly because it is a fact, except that you can still regret things. That's how we learn. Learn from mistakes and past regrets. I don't regret a lot, but what I do regret seems to have deep impacts on my life and how I think. I think it's good to face regrets, but not allow yourself to become obsessed, because we still can't change what happened in the past. But I digress.

Random:

"The rain smells bad. Seriously, smell your hand."
Sniff, sniff.
"I don't smell anything Matt. I think the rain smells normal. Your hand must just stink."



"Matt, we didn't buy any videogames!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home