Difficult Takes A Day, Impossible Takes A Week
Today was my last day at my first placement of Student Teaching. It was sad leaving a lot of the students who I bonded with. A lot of them really liked me and I gave them attention that they didn't get at home. I got a lot of hugs and some nice comments on a "Good Luck" card that was passed around. I even had a male student give me a hug, it was one of those pat the back hugs, but it was a hug nonetheless. The one guy I really bonded with is the oldest of his siblings, has a mother who is mentally retarded, no dad at home (making this 13 year old the most mature person in his household), and was also one of the top 5 smartest kids I worked with on a daily basis, wrote something particularly nice to me. Then there are the few students who I want to wear a ski-mask and go there and beat the fuck out of...I'm going to be such a good teacher. Oh, and on Wednesday a student called me "sexy." I was wearing my glasses, I took them off, brushed my eyebrows, and as I looked up, I saw here mouth "he's so sexy." I thought she was talking about someone else, but then a girl next to her asked "who?" and she said "Mr. Wolf." Now if I could only get girls over 13 to think that.
In music news I bought a handful of CDs:
Coheed and Cambria - Really good album. My second favorite of theirs.
The Bled - I have only listened to it once, but it already is keeping me interested.
With Honor - Really good hardcore. Sort of like Comeback Kid. Group vocals and shouting, not screaming.
Thrice - This album is amazing. I bought the special edition and the extra booklet has commentary on every song by the band members, along with lots of extra commentaries about the album. I eat it up. I highly recommend this album.
Weerd Science - The drummer from Coheed's rap project. It is amazing. Check him out at purevolume.com
Speaking of purevolume, I have about 5 raps currently rotating in and out of purevolume (I can only have 3 up at a time). I put my freestyle rap in response to Kris's bullshit to a beat and that'll be up soon, along with a new one I layed down just today. If you go to www.purevolume.com/stylezdwolf and click on "Bio" I have one written, and if I ever get good digital pictures I will put them up too. Get the word out on Stylez D. Spread that shit out.
I bought a new watch on Monday. It is fucking awesome. It isn't digital, but it has a digital phoenix rising in the background, behind the hands. It is real cool. All my students got a big kick out of it. When we were looking at watches, Ryan wanted to look at one that came in a pink tin, so as he asked the female employee to see it, I said "This is the only time he has ever showed any interest in a pink box." I think it may have been the funniest thing I have ever said.
Last Saturday I got home from work and I just said to Dan, "Dude, we cannot stay in on another weekend night, he have to go and do something." So we went to this bar and it was just awful. Crowded with a bunch of douchebag dudes, loud music and expensive beer. All we did was bitch about how pathetic we are, but then we really bonded and it turned out to be a wonderful night. I know that shit sounds corny, but it was a really good time. Dan's a good friend.
Work continues to go well. I like Media Play a lot.
Random:
Get Stylez D. out there!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home