Ungaggable
Last Wednesday I went and saw "Waiting." I scored some free passes for a pre-screening and Greg, Dan, Ryan, and Mario went. The movie is hilarious. If you are looking for a lot of laughs I recommend it. They gave us free posters, which were rolled up in like a tube, and through out the evening Dan and I made much poster tube to dick touching. We'd put the tube on the other's crotch and hum, so it would vibrate. No wonder we can't get girlfriends. I also tried to break out into song again, but to no avail. No one wants to back me up. After the movie we came home and watched Lost on DVR, which is fucking awesome. Both Lost and DVR, that is. It was a good day.
On Thursday, I woke up, drove to the Hyatt and read my paper that I won the essay contest with. Well, I didn't read it, but summarized it and took questions. It would have been ridiculous for all three of the winners to read their entire papers and still had time for questions. I had some good questions asked of me and some good discussions followed. It was a very good experience. I spent the rest of the day at workshops and eating free food. Then I went to Cole's with some Social Studies people and that was nice as well. It is always nice to catch up. All in all, it was a good day.
Friday I gave out a test at school, and we had shortened periods for a pep rally. Holy shit, this was practically anarchy. The school is three floors, and each floor has a color, and depending on where your homeroom is, is what color you are. I am on the "red floor." The school was selling the different color shirts and at least 90 % of the students bought them. I'[ve never seen school spirit like that. So I had my red shirt on and as I'd monitor the halls in between classes the kids were just yelling at one another to get get off their floors and shit. I was surprised no fights broke out. Then at the actually pep rally kids were running up on stage, throwing shit, and just going nuts. It was quite an experience. Then I went to work and that was rather unproductive.
On Saturday I went to the fancy ass banquet for the "Association for the Study of African-American Life and History" where I was to receive my scholarship. I get there, and I am the only one not wearing a suit jacket, of course. Not only do I stick out for being one of 4 white people in the entire room, but I don't have a jacket on. Then they sit us at the head, elevated table in front of everyone. The food was absoultely amazing. Probably the second or third fanciest meal I have ever eaten. Then when I got my award I gave a little thank you, and got the biggest laugh of the night. I said "I'd also like to thank the essay judges, for recognizing my brillance." Then there was deafening silence, as over 200 black intellectuals just stared blankly at me, a drop of sweat rolls down my brow, then uproarious laughter commenced for a good 30 seconds, and as the laughter died I lend in to the microphone and said "even if it was only third place brillance" and more laughter followed. Fuck the money, I got all the robot intellectuals to finally laugh at me, after trying all day. That is what I thought about as I walked out of the Hyatt. Then on the ride home I decided to use my money to buy some nicer clothes, a little Szweda advice. Maybe a nic epair of jeans or two, instead of the worn ones I have been wearing for over 4 years. Maybe a couple nice shirts and a new watch. We'll see. I'm sure I'll buy some CDs and movies too though. Maybe try to get a date. Who knows? Oh yeah, and I saw Lauren, who works at the Hyatt. That was random and extremely cool. I was walking out of the lobby and I looked over and there she was at the counter. It was really nice catching up with her.
Yesterday I went to the Bills game with a lot of my family and that was a lot of fun. They won. Saw a guy run across the field and then get tackled by security. It was awesome.
Random:
Dan is not a pussy. He is a good guy, I wish he would just talk to me so I could tell him I truly mean that. Dan, I'm sorry. Again, I don't really think you are a pussy. Please forgive me.

1 Comments:
Don't listen to Kyle, he's just trying to get back on my good side. I accidentally let it slip that I'm activley seeking replacement friends, and he's a litte broken up about it.
Kyle is a very mean person, and I recommend that no one talk to him. Ever. Especially if you're a female.
And if by some chance you are a female and he does manage to lure into the house, he's going to tell you that his room is the last one on the left. He's lying. His room is the first one on the left.
Dan
Post a Comment
<< Home