Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Great Divorce

I got the newest Twista CD and the Paul Wall one for free the other day at work. They were free promos and they were the best things Media Play had, so I took them. I listened to half of Twista and it is good, but not as good as I expected it to be. Paul Wall is a double, with the regular CD and a Screwed and Chopped one, and I haven't listened to it at all. Probably the next couple of days I'll get to it.

I also bought the Glory of This album, after putting it off for over a year. I listened to it today on the way to and from work, and it is amazing. Good buy.

I went to a Halloween party last weekend and it was a lot of fun. The four guys hosting it dressed up like the dudes from Anchorman...it was awesome. This guy and girl came as Mr. and Ms. Incredible, and they looked perfect. I bought an escaped convict costume and it was way too tight and didn't show off my package, so I stuck a wool sock, stuffed with a regular sock, in my pants. It looked ridiculous. After the party Dan and I went to ETS to get some tacos. As I am standing there waiting for my food, this girl comes up to me and says "This is weird, but are you Liquid Rhythms?" I said "What?" She said, "I see your Solid State hoodie and heard you talking, and I put it together. You are Liquid, aren't you?" "Uh, yeah I am." "I knew it! Wait, it's really you from New York City?" "Yeah." "If it is you, what did you do down there?" "I was/am a DJ." "Oh my God. Wait, what kind of music did you play?" "I just call it house music, but I guess just dance/techno, some industrial. Usually I pick half of what I play and the station picks the rest." "If it is you, what station were you on?" "I had a lot of stations on the East Coast. I don't know which one in the city, but it was in the 90." This conversation went on for a while and she kept trying to figure out if I was really this guy. Eventually she asked me to take a picture with her and as I stood there, she kept rubbing my stomach and shit. Then I asked if she wanted anything else and Dan and I left. This poor girl thinks she has a picture of her and this DJ, but it's only me. I'm a bad person.

Last night I hung out with Greg and we went to William's apartment. It was a lot of fun seeing those guys and catching up. We almost watched Moonskuad the Movie, but it never made it's way to the VCR, which was probably a good thing. Met some cool people, played some cool drinking games, and only acted moderately gay (in comparison to how I usually get when drinking).



Sorry if my last post come off as too harsh to people reading my journal. The whole thing just confused me and I guess I could have reacted better.


Did anyone see that special on MTV with Kanye, where he sang and talked about his songs? At one point he brought his mother on stage and sang "Hey Mama" to her. If I was a pussy and actually cried, I may have shed a tear. It was pretty powerful.

What's funny?!? I'll beat your ass!

Random:

The "Hot Subway Chick" is the same girl as the "Hot Art Student-Teacher Down the Hall." Now I have to find out if she is the "Single Hot Art Student-Teacher Down the Hall Who Is Into Bald Social Studies Student-Teachers Who Eat a Lot Of Subs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home