If Natalie Portman Met Me, Do You Think She'd Like Me?
I'm back.
I got back into Buffalo yesterday around 4.
Here's a recap, as best as I can do, recapping some of the main points of my break:
-Playing Monopoly with Ernsberger and McKeveny, with a special appearance later on in the night by Greg "I Hope They" Frey.
-Playing Monopoly three times in one night with Matt, Kris, and Greg, with Kim as the full-time banker (thanks for the extra pink fifties).
-New Years at Larissa's house. Beer pong and seeing a lot of people from High school (and of course Jeff).
-Getting a ton of stuff for Christmas. It was ridiculous how much stuff people gave me. I think my family plans on disowning me, and feel guilty so they bought me so much. (more on this a little later on).
-Looking at old yearbooks and the Frost Valley tape.
-Getting to see my family was good, except for the whole thing where my sister is tearring my family apart.
-Seeing Mary and her family. (Being called K-Y Jelly and getting the Bathroom Reader which is filled with all sorts of random information, I love it).
-Winning a lot of money in Canada at the casino.
-Losing way too much money at Turning Stone casino.
-All the time I got to spend with Matt, Kris and Kim.
-All the movies I watched.
-Simpsons season 5 commentaries.
-Tons of videogames.
-I'm glad to be back in Buffalo where I don't have to shovel anymore.
-Making fun of people.
-Having a successful sex change operation. From now on, it's "Kylie."
-Eating a lot of great food that I didn't have to make.
-Getting wings with Matt and Jim.
-Telling Kris he looked nice and that clothes fit him well.
And probably the funniest thing to happen over break is my Great Grandmother Wolf's reaction to my shaved head. Everyone on the Wolf side of the family was coming over for a Christmas party and all of my other family members really liked it (even my great grandfather on the grandma Wolf's side liked it and rubbed it). Then comes in my great grandmother and she says the following things over the course of the night (in chronological order): "(as she walks in) Uhh...Oh my, that looks terrible. Why did you do that? Only terrible people do that. Oh my, that just looks absolutely terrible." "If I saw you after dark on the street I would be scared of you. Actually quite freightened by you." "Why would you do that in winter?" "(then I responded) So I could get a nice tan on it" "If you came to my house you would scare me and I wouldn't let you in!'" (Which she did let me in on several occasions, one of which was after I shoveled her driveway because even terrible people who shave their heads care about their grandmothers). She also had a lot of nicknames but the only ones I remember are "skulley" and "skeleton head." She's almost 90 years old, so you can kind of guess what kind of person she is. She grew up through the Depression and is a very conservative Christian and needless to say my plea of going bald as young as I am fell on deaf ears.
Here's a list of DVDs and CD's that I either got for Christmas or I bought over break, with little write-ups about each:
The Best of the Chris Rock show Volumes 2: I have yet to watch it.
Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker: I haven't watched it yet, but I think I've seen it before elsewhere.
MxPx's B-Movie DVD and E.P.: The DVD is real cool. Lots of stuff with the band, obviously. I wish it had more live performances, as you all probably know, I love live music. The five song acoustic E.P. is terrific. Some really good new songs and good acoustic versions of old songs.
Simpsons Season 5: A lot of great episodes such as; Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer Goes to College, Rosebud (one of my favorites, and the Ramones guest on it), The Last Temptation of Homer (where co-worker Mindy and Homer go to that energy conference), Bart Gets Famous, Deep Space Homer and many others. The commentaries are also very good. PLUS a ton of deleted scenes!!
Spiderman 2: Possibly the greatest superhero movie of all time. I haven't watched any of the extras, yet!
Star Wars Attack of the Clones: I returned it because my mom bought me the fullscreen, so I will go buy the widescreen sometime. But as we all know the movie is awesome. Yoda lightsaber fight...enough said.
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation: Who says the original Vacation is the only good one? This one is hilarious and perfect to watch on Christmas day, which I did.
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy AND Anchorman: Wake Up Ron Burgundy: Anchorman is just a hilarious movie. The commentary is ridiculous. They only talked about the movie for about 3 minutes. The rest of it was just random goofiness with guests such as Andy Richter and Kyle Gass. The extras on this one are all great. Now, Wake Up Ron Burgundy is a whole movie made with outtakes and a B-story that wasn't used in The Legend of Ron Burgundy. It is still pretty funny, but you can tell why they cut a lot of it from the actual movie. Don't get me wrong, it has some hilarious moments, but The Legend of Ron Burgundy is way better. The extras on this DVD are also good, but I still have a few more to watch,
Napoleon Dynamite: If you haven't seen this movie yet I pity you. Simple as that. I''ve watched all the extras except the commentary, but what I did watch was also great.
Jim' also burned me all three Lord of the Rings extended films and Garden State. I don't feel bac because L.O.T.R.s made a lot of money and I've paid to see it enough, and I paid for three tickets to Garden State, so I'll be able to sleep thinking about that tonight.
I bought two cds over break as well My Chemical Romance "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" and Comeback Kid "Turn it Around."
My Chemical Romance is a solid CD. If you like the single you'll like the CD.
Now, Comeback Kid. Where do I start? When Beloved broke up right before Christmas vacation I lost my favorite new band (not to be confused with my favorite band, which I could never pick one). Well, thank God for Comeback Kid and their ability to fill that void. The CD is 13 tracks and clocks in at about 28 minutes. It's hardcore, but don't think brutal like Shai Hulud. The vocals are more shouts and group vocals. Both guitarists in Comeback Kid are in Figure Four, and the one is Figure Four's singer, so some of the background vocals are pretty brutal, as Figure Four's are. This CD came out a while ago and I'm sorry I missed it for so long. They have a new CD coming out on Victory in February, so look out for that.
Over break I compiled some of what I thought were the funniest things people wrote in my yearbooks over the years, and I will put them in my next journal post, so get excited...
Random:
Jack Black's real first name was Thomas.

5 Comments:
I think that if you met Natale Portman she would really like your girlfriend!
That is irrelevant because if I ever met Natalie Portman I would not have a girlfriend.
I think you should spend more time thinking about your girlfriend than girls you will never meet and who probally wouldn't talk to you.
1. No, you are wrong. I should spend my time thinking freely and not retarding my thoughts.
2. Natalie Portman and I could meet someday.
3. If Natalie Portman and I met, I think she would not only talk to me but think I was a cool guy who she would want to procreate with. (OK, maybe that's kind of a stretch, but she would want to make out with me and call me to go on a date sometime when she isn't making a ton of money to support our family).
i think Natalie Portman is pretty ugly looking, i just wanted to let you know. Dont flatter yourself either man, she prolly wouldnt notice you either, but hey maybe she will like your shaven head, who knows
Post a Comment
<< Home